Skip to main content

the newest member of my little family . . .


His name is Turt. Turt the turtle. Kevin named him. A lady at my work gave him to us a couple of months ago. She brought him to work one day in a little cardboard box and sat it by my desk. Turt was shy and quiet the whole day. He wouldn't even come out of his shell to eat. When 3:30 came, me and Turt headed home. I placed his little box on the passenger seat and thought he would be still on the way home. Boy was I wrong! lol He climbed out of his box and started climbing up the seat. I hit the brakes and down he fell - back into his box. This continued the rest of the trip home! Finally we arrived home and I made him a little pen in the back yard. You should of seen Kevin's face when he came home from work and noticed our little friend and the home I made in the back yard. At first he didn't want him - but I finally talked him into keeping him. Then one day, we let Turt out in the back yard to roam around. I asked Kevin to keep and eye on him so we don't lose him. I'm inside checking dinner, when Kevin returns inside. "Um, did you pick up Turt?" I ask him. "Oops" he responds and runs outside. Turt was gone. Some father Kevin is huh? We search and search. Finally I give up and start eating, but Kevin continues to look and finds him underneath some leaves! We were very happy. Since then, we have become better parents to little Turt.


Comments

Miss Riya said…
Turt is so adorable! I better not let my little one see this post or she'll want to come over & play with Turt all the time. ;-)
P.S. Don't feel bad Kevin, We've almost left Eloise sleeping on the pew a couple of times. Don't worry though, when it's a real kid Beppi and Sister Lay will keep you on your toes and set you straight!
JeanSkirtGirl said…
hey I love turt it's so cute!!
Anonymous said…
turt is sooooo cute! I want to get a hermit crab, but chris wont let me! Lol.
Miss Riya said…
HELLO!! ANYBODY HOME?