Skip to main content

anna loves kevin

In honor of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share me and Kevin's story.
I didn't know Kevin in high school but I did know of him. When he was a senior, I was just a sophmore. All I really remember about him in highschool was his orange school bag. lol. Close to the end of his senior year he started coming to church occasionally, and by the time I was a senior he was a regular. It wasn't until I turned 16 and was promoted to the senior high Sunday school class that I begin to know more about him. Soon after, I found out he liked me and I wanted no part in that. I was just a shy teenage girl who cared more about my grades than I did boys. However, I did want him as a friend. And when my brother said he couldn't come to my graduation, guess who came in his place - Kevin. He came bearing many gifts, one including a huge bear. It looked like one of those animal rugs. I loved it. (Thanks Moria for helping him out!) I think I was 18 when he finally asked me out. We were at a prayer meeting. To be honest, I really wanted to say no. I had never had a boyfriend and I was shy and scared. Instead, I said I'd think about it. lol. That was alot easier than turning him down. We started hanging out more and talking and texting on the phone, and before I knew it I was starting to really like this guy! So 5 months later we started dating. We told each other from the beginning that we wouldn't tell each other "I love you" until we actually meant it. We didn't want "I love you" to become an empty phrase said out of habit. A couple of months before Hurricane Katrina, he started telling me he loved me. I was still unsure about my feelings. Then we had to evacuate. Me and my family went to Tickfaw, and he went to Baton Rouge. After the storm hit, my dad said we were going to Maryland. It was then that I realized that I couldn't live my life without him, and that I loved him. I realized how much he loved me when he decided to leave his family in Baton Rouge for 3 months to be with me in Maryland. In May 2006, I graduated from college and on May 19, 2007 we were married.

I really did marry my best friend. Way before we were a couple, we were friends. He has stuck by my side through so many critical points in my life, and I couldn't imagine a life without him. We have been married for about a year and 9 months, and I'm loving every moment! God has truly blessed me.

*I'm still looking through a bunch of old pics. I will post more pics soon.
Church Picnic 2004

My college graduation May 2006

Comments

Miss Riya said…
aww....how sweet is that!
Somebody quick grab a hanky....I think I'm getting a tear in my eye.
The LaBiche's said…
How sweet!!! :) I'm glad to know the story of you and Kevin!
Betsy said…
OK WE KNOW, WE KNOW....ANNA LOVES KEVIN......Now what else is going on ???