Skip to main content

39 weeks

Hey you guys! Just wanted to keep you up to date on yesterday's md visit. Yesterday I made 39 weeks! WOOHOO! I'm super excited and a little nervous. They checked my weight and blood pressure and my blood pressure was 160/100. So they hooked me up to a little monitor and gave me a little clicker and I had to press it everytime the baby moved. They took my bp again. My doc told me the baby was doing great but that my blood pressure was way to high. She told me that if my bp didn't drop I would have to be induced. I was scared! Yes, I'm ready for this baby but I don't mind waiting a couple more days to deliver him. lol. So I was admitted to the hospital and they began to monitor the baby. They also checked my bp again and had to report the results to my doc. They put in an IV and was about to administer some kind of med to help my bp go down when a nurse stuck her head in the room and said the doc called. When they told her my new bp she was like "you've got to be kidding me" and told them not to administer the med but to keep monitoring my bp. Apparently my bp was back to normal and for the remainder of the time I was there it was normal. They took bloodwork and a urine sample and everything came back good. I don't know why it was so high at the offfice but not at the hospital. Anyways, they discharged me that same day but my doc put me on bed rest. I'm not too upset about it though. I think I'm gonna enjoy Kevin doing laundry, dishes and tending to my every need while i can. lol I just hope little Dylan waits until after Thanksgiving to come. lol

Comments

Hey Anna Lou, we miss you already. Mitzi is doing good still has questions but so far I have been able to answer them. But look out next week..lol, jk. So you had a lil scare huh kiddo. Well, I am glad to hear all is well. I got your email and tried to respond but its turned off and I finally got to come to your blog today to get the full story but Mitzi did give me a quick update. I can't wait til you get to hold your lil bundle til the first time. Don't forget to call me when you have him, I am coming to bring him a lil birthday present. I have a lil bit of a slow connection but I am going to send some of the pics from the shower. Good luck and God Bless all 3 of you and Happy Thanksgiving. You got your wish...he waited til after Thanksgiving to come...though we all know why...so you could eat some good food. Watch that BP. Hugs, Pam
oh and where do I send the pics from the diaper shower?