Skip to main content

Semi-Wordless Wednesday

A look back . . .
Our home after Katrina (I wasn't married yet and still living at home)

Kitchen
We evacuated to Tickfaw to stay with family. Our make shift shower!

Part of the shower!

No electricity so we washed our clothes in a bucket and hung them out to dry.

It was so crowded where we were and hot inside so we slept in tents outside.

This is how we cooked!

Then we decided to go to Maryland to be with church family!


We stood with an awesome couple - the pastor and his wife of the Maryland church.
While we were there we made the most of it! Visiting Washington DC.


Arlington

My 2 nephews went to school and I took online courses.

Waiting for the school bus!

Eating crabs Maryland style with Sis. Libby!

Kevin with his bib! lol

Some of the Chalmette church folk that evacuated to Maryland also!

It was during Katrina that I realized that I couldn't live without Kevin! lol. When my parents told me we were going to Maryland I was heart broken! Kevin was with his family in Baton Rouge but because he loved me so much he left his family and followed us to Maryland.   : )   We left Maryland a few days after Thanksgiving. 6 months later I graduated from college and a year after that Kevin and I were married!
Photobucket

Comments