Skip to main content

Cooking in my Orange Kitchen

This past Saturday night, Kevin's dad, step-mom, and three sisters came over for dinner. I didn't know what to cook, so I decided to look at our church's new cookbook. I finally decided on my mom's crawfish fettuccine. We also had peas, garlic bread, and tiramisu for dessert. I was so caught up in making sure everything was perfect, that I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. I wound up making my mom's recipe into my own, by adding a certain ingredient by mistake thanks to my wonderful husband. Note to self: never send Kevin to get groceries. lol. Nah, I guess it was my fault too. I should've looked before I put it in the pot. But, hey, it still tasted good. They would have never known about the error if I wouldn't have told them.



The ingredients. Notice the two different Rotel cans? One of these Rotel cans said: Rotel Chili Fixin's - Ready for your Chili dishes. It even smelled like homemade Chili. Not something you would want in your crawfish Fetuccini. Thanks Kev! lol.


I poured the sauce on top of the noodles, but forgot to take a picture of it.


My tiramisu. Very easy to make. It calls for vanilla wafers, french vanilla pudding, kool whip, cream cheese, milk, and coffee.

Comments

meboo said…
Anna,
I love your orange kitchen. I wanted to do mine orange but I didn't have the nerve. I love, love, love it! I wish I was as brave as you.
Anna said…
lol. Thanks Sis. Melba. The first coating was too bright. I was thinking "What have we done?". But after the second coating I was feeling alot better.
Miss Riya said…
I love your festive new look!cooking posts with lots of pics are always a favorite of mine, but I enjoy tasting food more than looking at it! LOL When are you going to cook for us? huh....huh...huh? ;-)
The LaBiche's said…
Anna---I sent you several pictures to your yahoo e-mail. Let me know if you've gotten them!!!

I LOVE your page!!!

x0x0x0x Kristin
JeanSkirtGirl said…
I love the paint to love it girl and I am gald u had a great christmas and i hope u have a great new year to love siser carmen
Anna said…
Miss Riya: I'm glad you like the look! I will definitly cook and invite you over in the near future.
Kristin: Thanks for the pics! . . . And I love your blog as well!
Carmencita: Thanks! Hope you have a great new years too!
Hey Anna, I absolutely love the color of your kitchen. I love bold colors on the wall, it looks so rich. The food looks yummy! I didn't know you were such a lil chef.
Anna said…
Thanks Pam! I'm just learning all of this cooking stuff. While my sis was constantly in the kitchen with my mom, I was off in a corner somewhere reading a book! Boy, do I wish I would've watched more. Now, I'm constantly calling her asking for help in the kitchen!