Skip to main content

My Mom

     I never fully understood how much my mother loved me until I became a mother myself. I love every moment of being Dylan and Addy's mom and I couldn't imagine my life without them. They bring so much joy and laughter, but let's be honest, it's not always sunshine and rainbows. Sometimes it's hard. Some nights I lie awake feeling like a failure; other nights I go to bed thinking "I've got this." I want so much for my children! I want to nurture and protect them. I want to help them reach their full potential. I want to encourage them to become the individuals God has created them to be. I would move mountains for them if I could. If they could only grasp how much I love them! 

    Motherhood, for me, has been a learning process, and believe me, I'm still learning. I have the Bible as my instruction manual but I've also been blessed to be surrounded by godly mothers that I can learn from, including my own mother. I am so thankful for her. Her birthday is on Tuesday, so this blog is in honor of her. 

    Being a mother hasn't always been easy for her either, but she is the most resilient lady I know. She is strong. She is brave. She is a fighter. I've heard her plead with God for the salvation of her children and for her backslidden children to return home. I've heard her cry in sorrow and pain after receiving the call that her son was murdered. I've seen her mourn and grieve lives taken to soon. I've watched her take care of her brother, her parents, and my dad during sicknesses. I've seen her battle breast cancer and lose her hair. I've been a witness to many of her trials and tribulations and watched as she came out victorious! She has always been consistent, stable, unmovable, and unshakable. She is an overcomer. She has never lost her faith or trust in God. Instead, her relationship with Him has grown stronger and deeper. She is refined gold. If I could become half of the woman she is...

    I've learned a lot from my mom just by watching her. She never tried shoving the Word of God down my throat, but instead she brought His Word to life. She lived it and I got a glimpse of God and His love through her. 

    Thank you, mom, for introducing me to Jesus. Thank you for instilling His love and truth inside of me. Thank you for leading by example. Thank you for never giving up. Thank you for standing strong in the midst of adversity. You are my role model and my best friend, and I would not be the person I am today without your guidance. I owe you so much and there is nothing I want more than to make you proud. Happy early Birthday! I love You!

Proverbs 31:28

"Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her."

                                                                


Comments

Betsy said…
That's so sweet Anna. You do have a wonderful mother!